This major release brings Eurekos to version 4.0 with focus on presenting your course materials to your learners, employees and clients through advanced automation workflows, auto enrollment functionality and easy administration.
Set your content free and start harvesting the benefits of your investment. Roughly 25.000 hours has been invested in this release.
- Eurekos now features a fully-fledged integrated Course Administration system for professional management of advanced workflows through multiple new roles.
- eCommerce and online course catalogue with additional products, recommendations, multiple purchase flows, online payment and automatic sign-up.
- Virtual Marketplace to share content (two-way) through a central repository between multiple platforms with simple workflows while allowing editing of shared content.
- Webinar and GoToMeeting integration – Integrated Webinar activity type allow presentation and sign-up to Webinars directly from the Online catalogue alongside any other training enrolment. Integration to GoToMeeting.
- Feedback form offer integrated course feedback based on 3 different activity types (online, blended, classroom).
- WCAG 2.0 level AA
- Highlighted Improvements and updates
- 11 languages are supported (English, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, German, Dutch, French, Russian, Greenlandic and Arabic with Right-to-Left).
Fully integrated, making course administration and workflows a breeze. Everything needed to facilitate effective sign-up and enrollment for online, blended and classroom-based training activities.
- New dashboards for administrators with statistics and reporting options.
- Template based support for advanced flows makes maintenance and replication a breeze.
- Manage training activities between teams of Course Administrators, sign-ups and hand-over responsibilities as options for easy facilitation.
- Graphical overviews and filters to personalize views.
- Expiry dates for access to specific content.
- Seats and validation on location capacity.
- Validation of trainer availability (double bookings).
- Comments, dietary information and special requests as part of sign-up flows and by post sign-up administration by phone etc.
- Completely new user administration and self-registration options.
- Alert schemes and templates to allow workflows with learners, instructors and admins.
- Location/facility support.
- Certification and alerts for re-certification – online and participation triggers with warning to managers if the organizational layer is used.
- Practical assessment workflow allows instructors to manually assess learners and issue automatic certificates based on the assessment.
- Online (test-based) assessment flow to issue certificates.
- Open or closed course management in parallel – e.g.: a manually managed sign-up for a selected group of people while other courses are available for online self-enrollment.
- Manage terms and categorizations for course catalogues and translations.
- Organisational layer with options for White labelling.
Fully integrated Online Shop working in conjunction with the Course Administration.
- Registered and/or unregistered user access to course catalogue.
- Paywall using PayPal (Visa card, Mastercard, Discovery…) or manual invoicing with reporting and transactions.
- Coupon discount purchase flow – issue coupons with discounted courses for handout to partners and clients. Each has a unique ID and usage is tracked that can be followed.
- Group purchase to enroll and create several users in one easy process.
- Manager layer to allow user management and easy purchase of products on behalf of his team.
- Recommended, related, bookmarked and promoted courses.
- Manage additional products, exams and manuals etc.
- Course descriptions using the Course Builder award winning editing interface.
- Automatic summary of asset inclusion (video time, additional materials, certification etc.).
The Marketplace serves as a content hub between connected partners, organizations or affiliates. This content can be downloaded and shared easily between the connected parties.
Example of use:
- The Global Academy is the Marketplace Administrator. This provides a centralized content repository for sharing training content, making it possible for each affiliate to pick which courses they want to offer to clients in their region. A course is a package, meaning it can contain anything from a single video to a complete training journey with interactive content, tests and certificates.
- Each affiliate can also choose to share produced content to the Marketplace, making it available to all other affiliates through the Marketplace. This involves a workflow process with the Marketplace Administrator.
Quality content is offered through the Marketplace, but each affiliate is completely autonomous in choosing training content in their region.
- Easy sharing upload/download – add to course catalogues.
- Marketplace description page prior to download – detailing purpose, audience and more.
- Flow and approval processes.
- Roles for reviewing content and administration.
The Marketplace is a Roadmap focus item for another major leap end of 2018. Keep an eye on updates if you are a content developer or looking to offer quality training to your organization supplied by great content providers.
Present your webinars alongside other training offers and use the fully integrated sign-up process and activity workflows Eurekos offer for any other training activities. Fully integrated to GoToMeeting (requires license to this service).
- Manage all your training – incl. webinars from one interface.
- Use all the features of expiry, certificates and workflows of Eurekos.
- Distribute edited versions of your recordings to all your sign-ups automatically using built in features video features of Eurekos.
- Integration to GoToMeeting with SSO – does not require additional or duplicated registration process for users.
- Insert manual links to support any other webinar tools (depending on the service, separate or duplicated registration could be needed).
Evaluation feedback form for learners with scaled questions and free text as an option for your courses. Customize and translate questions for three different types of activities:
- Online (self-paced or facilitated)
You are still free to use 3rd party tools, but now Eurekos offer a built-in, easy-to-use option with reporting options.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 covers a wide range of recommendation for making Web content more accessible. Eurekos now offer a front-end towards the learners which makes content accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities.
Along with the release, the latest version of H5P with improvements on accessibility has also been included, to make compliance cover our most important integrated modules as well.
This release offers significant improvements from the backlog (wish-list), updates on User Experience, performance and security. The list contains hundreds of items but those you might be looking for are short-listed:
- Global Time Zone support throughout, based on individual user profile settings to accommodate scheduling and timing across the world on all types of activities. This includes emails with dynamic tokens, time-based course restrictions etc.
- Course restrictions – ability to restrict access to one course before passing another securing an order of learning even between un-administered learning paths – e.g.: self-paced training will also respect these restrictions. This includes SCORM restrictions.
- SCORM improvements to allow in-course restrictions on progress based on completion status of SCORM elements.
- Link to entire SCORM packages from inside the Eurekos Course Builder and collect independent SCORM packages within the course navigation alongside everything else.
- New dashboards for learners, course administrators and platform administrators with custom developed additional information widgets, providing better data sets and User Experience feedback.
- Combi-course statistics are included with an easy fold-out parent/child relationship, previously only available as individual course statistics.
- Combi-courses are now supported with import/export options with SCORM/xAPI and Eurekos format combinations.
- Separate email senders for different notifications can be set for each notification. More than 30 types of email notifications are now available.
- Courses can be bookmarked by learners prior to enrolment, keeping them top of mind.
- Course recommendations are shown for learners on the Dashboard.
- Related courses are shown in the enrolment flow for sign-ups.
- The Online shop has a customizable landing page.
- H5P library version updated to April 2018 release with many usability improvements and new content types.
- H5P fonts and system fonts can now be aligned better set through the appearance menu.
- Configurable and optional Next and Previous function for course navigation to improve usability on navigation for some users.
- New page templates in the editing interface allow you to create more flexible page layouts – specifically adding a horizontal object container across the bottom of all templates.
- User export has been improved to include filters and search restrictions.
- AWS CloudFront is a configurable setting which allow world-wide streaming from nearest location. Johannesburg in Africa is a new streaming hub on the continent.
- Security improvements and PEN test.
- Updated help system with introduction videos for various user roles
- Social applications (Facebook, Office365 and more) are now manageable by clients and clients can connect/manage their own social applications.
- Logs from the system can be stored with configurable values as needed.
- Active users – unique user logins per months added to the dashboard.
- Configurable session timeouts – automatically signing out users after a period of time.
- Right-to-Left (RTL) support for emails.
- Multiple performance improvements – supporting live data from 50.000 users in quick data lookups and new API approaches to data management in pursuit of upcoming roadmap elements.
- Multiple updates on user experience – anything from automatic thumbnails to simplifying flows, terms and quintessential feature improvements on high detail level.
The Ultimate Guide to
Closing Skills Gaps—Fast
By David Perring, David Patterson, Hans van Bergen, Kenny Munck, Nick Etlar Eriksen, Søren Rågård, and Omeed Aminian.
7 Industry experts provide sensible solutions about how you can identify and close nagging skills gaps in your organization.